Contract Related Links
- Q. How do I find out what projects are currently available for bidding?
- A. Click here to go to Projects Currently Bidding
- Q. Can I get notified via email when new projects are made available for bid?
- A. Yes. Click HERE to register.
- Q.Where can I find the estimated construction cost of a project?
- A. Click here to go to Projects Currently Bidding From there select the project in question, click on the Project Title in the selected project box for the “Advertisement for Bids.” If published, the estimated construction cost will be located below the “Description of Work” on the first page.
- Q. How can I find the list of plan holders for a project?
- A. Click here to go to the UCLA Online Planroom website. Select the project in question and click on the “Plan Holders” tab.
- Q. Which Wage Determination is applicable for a project?
- A. The applicable Wage Determination is listed in the “Supplementary Instructions to Bidders” found in the bidding documents.
- Q. Where can I find out who the project team members (architect, project manager, etc.) are on a project?
- A. The project team is listed in the “Project Directory” of the bidding documents.
- Q. Where can I find the bid results for a project?
- A. Click here to go to Bid Results Bid results are posted once the University has determined an apparent low bidder, typically within two business days of the bid opening. For older projects, click Contracts Awarded to go to “Contracts Awarded,” which shows bid information for contractors awarded projects within the past six months.
- Q. How can I get information about a past UCLA project?
- A. For past project information that is not found on this website, please submit a Public Record Act request.
- Q. How do I submit a Public Record Act Request for documents related to a project?
- Email your request to UCLAPublicRecords@finance.ucla.edu. It is best to identify the project in question (project title and number if possible) and name the specific documents you are requesting.
- Q. How can I bid on a project?
- A. Click here to go to Contract Adminstration Overview
- Q. How do I find out if there are specific qualification requirements on a project?
- A. Click here to go to Projects Currently Bidding then click on the project. When submittal of prequalification documents is required prior to bidding documents becoming available, a separate Prequalification Questionnaire will be posted on the UCLA Online Planroom website. When submittal of prequalification documents is required during the bid period, a Prequalification Questionnaire will be included in the bidding documents as well as posted on the Planroom website. Finally, contractors and subcontractors should carefully read each technical specification section as some will contain qualification requirements for the installer of the specified trade work.
- Q.Are there opportunities for smaller construction firms at UCLA?
- A. Click here to go to Contract Adminstration Overview to register to bid on non-advertised projects costing less than $200,000.
- Q. What are your DBE/WBE/SDBE/DVBE requirements?
- A. Click here for the University Guidelines on Contracting for Services.
- Q. How can I find which general contractors are bidding on a project?
- A. Click here to go to Projects Currently Bidding. Then click on the specific project, then click on the “Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference & Job Walk Sign-In Sheet.” This will be posted on the website within one business day after the Conference/Job Walk.
- Q. How can I find out what currently bidding projects are using my trade?
- A. Click here to go to Projects Currently Bidding then click on the specific project, then click on the project name in blue. This will bring to your screen the project’s full Advertisement for Bids, which contains a brief description of work. You can also go to the UCLA Online Planroom website select the project and view the bidding documents on line.
- Q. How do I file a Stop Notice?
- A. Send Stop Notices via certified mail to the address indicated on the final page of the Project Directory found in the bidding documents of the applicable project.
- Q. How can I get my product used on a UCLA project?
- A. Click here to go to Contract Adminstration Overview Under the paragraph “Contractors and Design Professionals” click on “Vendor Information Form”. Fill out and send to Liliana Martinez at Lmartinez@capnet.ucla.edu. Also check the website under Click here to go to Projects Currently Bidding. to see what projects are bidding and checking the Advertisement for Bids for projects of current interest. Request for Qualifications can also be referenced on the website for any “Requests for Qualifications for Design Professionals, Consultants, Services, etc.”